Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

                                               

1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary?  Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days? 
I own several dictionaries--hardback.  I have one in my office and one in my studio and another in the bookcase in my bedroom.  And of course I also use the online ones.

2.  Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations?  What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?  
I think that it is fine to celebrate Halloween in school as long as it is about costumes, and candy.  Any holiday will have some people who dissent.  But the majority of opinions should prevail.

3.  What's your favorite 'dog' movie?  
Lassie

4.  When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
For me there is no such thing as too quiet.  Now too noisy is another situation--last too noisy place, eating at a Mexican restaurant with four TV's in each section and tuned to two different channels.

5.  Are you a neat cook or a messy cook?  In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later? 
I am pretty neat, I like to clean as I go along, so later I can enjoy myself without having to face a sink full of dishes and pans with stuck on food.

6.  Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute?  Was your first thought  COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY!  Are you adventurous? 
I thought that what he did was COOOOL.  But I am fairly adventurous for an old lady.

7.  What's not a word but should be? 
Not being a student of slang, I can't think of one.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
    I got my flu shot Monday, and my arm is getting a reaction.  But I would rather have a sore arm than spend several weeks in bed.

8 comments:

  1. I need to get up to my doctor's office and get my flu shot!!

    I have a hard time enjoying my meal knowing that there's a huge mess in the kitchen. It doesn't help that we have an open floor plan so there's no hiding that mess. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's also easier to clean the dishes while the pot/pan is still fairly warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all got our flu shots right before Brittany left to go back to college. We've been getting them for years and have avoided the flu, which is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got our flu shots last week. Last year I had such a sore arm, but this year my body handled it well! I hope your arm heals quick. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, most places are just too noisy these days! Televisions, cell phones, screaming kids...Whew!

    Sorry about the reaction to the shot. I got mine last week, and only had a slightly sore arm for a day or so, thank goodness! Almost anything is better than the flu though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just like Kathy (aka Nana). I cannot enjoy my meal knowing I have to clean it up. It's funny how all my teenagers disappear after dinner is over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my flu shot and also had an reaction to it. I had amild case of the flu for only a few days but then again, I stayed in bed and drank lots of fluid and slept a lot as well. I also clean the kitchen as I go. Just makes the rest of the evening so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like everyone is complaining about the flu shot this year. Oh well, better than the flu, right? The other day I was in the shoe department in Kohls, which is more or less the middle of the store, and could hear two different radio stations playing. AAAACK! I couldn't believe the management hadn't noticed. Super annoying!!

    ReplyDelete