Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose--Practical


Photobucket
This Week's prompt is: Practical or not?
Is there such a thing as practical spontaneity? Or is that an oxymoron?   Maybe a sign of a split personality?  Whatever it is, I think that it describes me.  I am practical enough to get all the bills paid on time, have enough saved to cover little emergencies, but I think nothing of wasting some time watching a beautiful sunrise--my favorite time of day; or seeing a beautiful butterfly pillow and getting it--knowing that I will have to wait to buy that extra pair of sheets.  I have a stack of pillows on my bed because that looks pretty, knowing that I will have to throw them off every night.  If I see something unusual I stop and investigate (and probably take a picture).  I delight in the unexpected.  Does all this make me impractical?  I choose to believe that it makes my life worthwhile.

5 comments:

  1. Everyone should take the time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds. I think sometimes that we get too caught up in making money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is where the saying, "Stop and smell the roses" comes from...
    I too have toooooo many pillows on my bed that end up on the floor eery night.

    Thanks for pondering with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too many pillows on my bed (and am looking for more) ... it's an aggravation in the morning, when I have to put them back on the bed and in the evening, when I have to take them off. But in between, it's worth it because I am so happy with how it looks.

    Time spent marveling at God's handiwork is never wasted time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once logic can work in many different ways. You do think of trade-offs therefore logical must be part of your decision-making structure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you take the time for sunrises I see more of them than I do off the settings (due to commuting) and I thank God every day for the beauty He gives us. I am not able to do the pillows I love them but I got over them after the dogs tore up my favorite it was heart breaking and it was just a pillow LOL so I no longer keep them on the bed I do have a few in my car for the kids when traveling shhh don't tell the dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete