Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Quiz about Me

Acting Balanced
1. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you on your birthday?
I really dread birthdays for a couple of reasons.  I don't mind being a year older at all, I'm just glad for all the wonderful years that I have had, BUT I don't like surprises or being the center of attention.  However on my birthday last year, my daughter arranged a surprise party at a good Mexican restaurant, will all my local children, grandchildren, and their families.  I was so touched to have them all together celebrating my life.

2. What is the funniest thing that ever happen to you while you were on a 'date'?
My boyfriend decided to treat me to a horseback ride in the mountains west of Denver.  At the stable he asked for a calm horse and one with a little spirit.  The wrangler brought the old nag and started to give it to me, and boyfriend said, "Umm, no that is for me. The lively one if for my girlfriend"  The wrangler was biting his lip so hard to keep from laughing.  Pretty soon we were all laughing until we had tears.

3. What is your favorite backhanded compliment?
You did better than I expected

4. Have you ever had someone guest blog for you? If so, how was the experience?
I have never had anyone guest blog for me, but I have been a guest blogger for others.  I always enjoyed the experience, and the exposure to a different audience.

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!

5. Columbus Day or Discovery Day is on October 12th.  This year we celebrate it on October 8th (the second Monday in October).  What do you think about not observing holidays on the traditional days but rather on a legal day.
I can understand the reason for it from a business point of view, however I think that a significant day deserves honor on its day.  History is confusing enough without changing recognized days.

3 comments:

  1. Call me old school, but I prefer a holiday to fall on the traditional day.

    That was a funny story about the horses! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3-ha...is that actually a compliment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story about the date! I'm glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete