Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Snow Time

About this time of year our valley back in Wyoming gets its first snow.  Their local weather forecast 
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
in effect until Saturday, Oct 6, 4:00am.
...SNOW SHOWERS EXPECTED TONIGHT FROM THE CODY FOOTHILLS AND BIGHORN BASIN SOUTH TO THE WIND RIVER MOUNTAINS...

We always looked forward to the first snow and the challenge of trying to build a snowman or make snowballs. Although only an inch or two, and it melted quickly, we knew that winter fun was just around the corner.  It was still warm enough that we didn't have to get bundled up in all our snow gear; just a hat and mittens would keep us warm.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty to look at from inside with a cup of coco in my hands. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you missing it? ☺ I am not ready for snow so when my North Dakota blogging buddy yelped, I felt her pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and peaceful, but when it is on the roads around me, I just hate it. Hopefully, we will not see the white stuff for another three months.

    ReplyDelete