Monday, October 15, 2012

Meet Quiz about Me


Acting Balanced


1. What is the most interesting fact you have learned recently?

Mayonnaise Spoilage Myths

Commercial mayonnaise has an undeserved bad reputation as a cause of food spoilage. In fact, commercial mayonnaise is loaded with acid and preservatives that can actually extend the life of salads by killing bacteria. The eggs used in prepared mayonnaise are pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. 
Truth be told, it is usually cross-contamination of uncooked foods that causes foodborne illness, not the prepared mayo. http://homecooking.about.com/od/howtocookwithcondiments/a/mayospoilage.htm 
and thanks to Sandie at Chatty Crone for first posting this.

2. The alarm goes off on Monday morning.  What is your first thought?
Is it 5:00 already?  Well, better get up and get to the gym.

3. What is the most memorable movie line of all time?
 "It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage."
- INDIANA JONES (Harrison Ford) in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)  Just one of my favorites.

4. Describe a situation that always seems to try your patience.
Waiting in the ER.  I recently spent 5 hours waiting for my grandson to be called back to a room.

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!
5.  How many of the United States have you visited? (Even just passed through but not just flew over)?  How many have you lived in.
I have visited 29 states including Alaska and Hawaii.  I have lived in 6.

9 comments:

  1. I hate waiting in ER too.. why DOES it take sooooo long?
    I have only lived in 1 state --- CA, but have visited 7 - including Alaska and Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have visited 23 states and lived in 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've visited 16 states, lived in 2 and visited 6 provinces in Canada and lived in one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easier for me to answer first the states lived in, that is 5. Had to look at a map to count states visited that's 24 :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. None. I have never been to the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lived in 2 states, and have been to or driven through 8.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been to 40 states and 9 provinces. Thanks for participating in the MQaM. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post, Marti. And I love that line from Indiana Jones too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've lived in two states, and visited only five. I'm not much of a traveler.

    ReplyDelete