Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
All the fall vegetables.  I love squash and pumpkin, and all those things that make for a great stew.


2.  Is chivalry dead?  Explain. 
Depends on the guy.  My fav guy still opens doors, and pulls out my chair for me.  But looking around me, I don't see as much chivalry as there used to be.


3.  On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut.  Which character is your favorite?  Which character is most like you?  (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen)  If you need a description click here .
Got to love Lucy, the fixer upper with an ornery streak.


4.  What's something you're competitive about? 
Most everything, I like to win whether it is being first at a game, or first in line in traffic.


5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan?  How do you like your popcorn? 
I love movie popcorn, but don't eat it much outside of that.


6.  When did you first realize the world is small? 
When I was a kid and would lay on the lawn at night and look at the Milky Way, and realize I was just a tiny dot.


7.  In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
That would be hard since I have traveled a lot.  Notre Dame in Paris was inspiring, as is St Paul's Cathedral in London, Piazza Navona in Rome; Begijnhof, Amsterdam - Netherlands. The Château de Beynac - France



8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow I will finish rearranging my office.  I can't believe all the junk that I have saved,  It looks almost bare now, but knowing me in a year or so, it will be ready for another major downsize, unless my daughter gets in there first.

7 comments:

  1. We've got some gray rainy fall weather here today. This season definitely inspires soups, stews, and chili which I love. Plus I'm ready for a change from the summer grill menu.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have seen all those beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lucy too!!! :)

    And yes, Europe has THE BEST architecture - in every town and city!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin is one veggie I've never liked...I suppose it's an acquired taste. You sure have been fortunate enough to see some exciting things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers! Somehow I could have pegged you for a Lucy fan. Gotta love a girl who takes charge! But I'm leaving with a fierce craving for a hearty veggie stew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fall vegetables as well. I too am a Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then night sky full of stars does make the world seem small! And I love a good hearty fall stew too :)

    ReplyDelete