Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose-Mistakes


Photobucket
This Week's prompt is: History - do you or don't you?  Learn from mistakes.

Take risks. Ask big questions. Don't be afraid to make mistakes; if you don't make mistakes, you're not reaching far enough. 
David Packard co-founder of Hewlett Packard

 
Instruction does not prevent wasted time or mistakes; and mistakes themselves are often the best teachers of all.
James Anthony Froude English Historian


When we make mistakes, say, I'm blessed that I have an opportunity to learn from this. 
Holly Near American singer/songwriter


Mistakes are an unavoidable part of life.  We all have those could a, would a, should a times.  How we react is the key to a successful life.  I love Holly Near's quote.  We can choose to act defeated and depressed, or we can analyse what went wrong and how to learn from it, how to build on it.  

I have made some whopper mistakes, but I very rarely have repeated them.  I kick myself, make amends, and then move on knowing that I am not perfect nor will I ever be.  But that doesn't prevent me from striving for a better me.  I want continue to grow until the day I die.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent outlook on mistakes. I did my best to learn from my mistakes and not make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of those quotes and I too have fallen down so many times I think I have permanent scars on my knees... but hopefully I have not made the same mistake twice! Living is a process of learning and sometimes I think the mistakes are the best lessons!

    Thanks for pondering with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not perfect, just forgiven. One of my favourite sayings.
    And in my case, thankfully, it's true.
    I need a few mistakes on repeat sometimes before I get it. And I try never to get consumed with regret - I find it stifles the learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great quote choices...I do so enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quotes. I would add "If you fall off a horse, pick your self up and climb back into the saddle."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your perspective on mistakes! We need to view them as learning experiences, not something to feared or ashamed of, and we need to teach our kids the same!

    ReplyDelete