Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Quiz About Me

Acting Balanced
1. How often do you shop for groceries? Do you shop in one place or many?
I shop maybe once every two weeks.  And because I hate to shop, I go to the closest place, lucky for me that is WalMart.  
2. How old were you when you had your first taste of alcohol?
I was a junior in college.  I had an apartment and went to a party down the hall, and unbeknown to me, I was given a drink (It was a water glass of whiskey), and was dared to drink it all down, which I did.  I got so sick that I thought I was going to die.  My first experience taught me never to accept a drink from strangers, only take a sip if I decided to have alcohol.  I don't like the taste, so I stay away from the stuff.  Why do something you don't enjoy?
3. How much TV do you watch?
Maybe two hours a week entertainment, and then I have good intentions to watch the 10:00 news, but always fall asleep after just a few minutes.
4. How do you relieve stress?
I excercise, and I read.

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!
5.Today is my grandson's birthday.  He is now 21.  How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
Me--I was living in Denver, and had a small get together with several friends--dinner out at a cheap restaurant--that's all college kids could afford. I was soon to graduate, so was working on my thesis every spare minute between classes and working. 

18 comments:

  1. The only alcoholic drinks I like are the frou frou drinks ... the ones where you don't even taste the alcohol because of the sugar, fruit juices, etc. I've decided that if the non-alcoholic parts are what I like best, I can live just fine without the alcohol. ;-)

    I don't like shopping either ... that's why I do as much of it online as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and 21 was so long ago that I cannot even remember how I celebrated that birthday.

      Delete
  2. I honestly don't recall 21 as it is not an important birthday like it is here in the States. Thanks for participating in the MQAM and hope to see you join in again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay, but what about 19? (living in Detroit, I was in Canada on my 19th birthday!) :)

      Delete
  3. I probably had cake and ice cream at home with the family... or maybe drove to visit Wayne at University.. can't remember... as he said, in Canada 21 isn't a huge milestone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 21? I was 21? Who can remember. These days we have started to celebrate our birthdays on a cruise ship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow twenty first birthday... I only remember because not too long ago I came across a paper from that day. Hubby and I were in our first apartment and had friends over, then went bowling. The paper was a list to keep track of Drink names, my initials and witness initials. I had 21 different shots (and then some) on my 21st birthday. Seems so silly of an accomplishment now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 21st to your grandson!

    I turned 21 before it was taboo to have a drink during office hours. On my 21st birthday my Boss took me out to lunch and encouraged me to order a cocktail. I think I has a rum and coke.

    The Saturday that fol owed was the 21st birthday celebration with my friends at the bar. That memory is a little sketchier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't recall doing anything special on my 21st birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your grandson! I was carrying our first child when I turned 21 so I am sure I celebrated with a Big Mac and a twist cone from McD's because that's what I craved with him, ha! My first drink of alcohol was when I was 18 and I got so very sick(which means it was more than just a drink). I no longer drink at all! If I did, I would drink wine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sick on my 21st birthday... really, really sick... didn't even get out of bed :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 21st birthday was so long ago, I don't even remember it! I'm sure it was nothing that special though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't remember doing anything special on my 21st birthday...Probably I was too busy studying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I shop once a week, watch way more TV than you and I was married, so I can't remember what I did on my 21st....Probably not the same thing i would have done if I was single. The Drinking age in my state was 18 so the 21st was no big deal. The age the next year went to 19, then 21, but we got grandfathered in...COOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. On my 21st. birthday I had dinner with my soon to be husband - Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting post. Loved reading your responses. :-) Tough lesson about the whiskey, wasn't it. And to think some people drink it on purpose! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe that I was pregnant so It was not with alcohol. lol

    ReplyDelete