1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?
Hotels that advertise Continental breakfasts that consist of old bagels and watered down orange juice.
2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
Definitely light, I take one small carry on for a two week vacation, and not smell bad when I get back home. The secret is color coordination and mix and match.
3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?
The eyes are the window to the soul. I was trying to rest when my two year old daughter lifted my eyelid and said, "Mommy, are you in there?"
4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
Be early for interviews, be conservative, and prepare to work hard, they don't owe you anything.
5. What's your favorite lemon something?
Lemon curd--This sweet, yet tart, velvety spread is heavenly on freshly baked scones, muffins, and tea breads. Another favorite is serving lemon curd on gingerbread or used as a filling for tarts and cakes. Lemon curd can add a special touch to your favorite desserts and tea time goodies.
6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?
How about tennis shoes.
7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!)
what do you dislike the least?
Being able to sit and watch the waves roll in, the fresh seafood, the chance to dream where the water has been and what it has seen.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love vacations at the beach, but also in the Rocky Mountains. So this year I am going to experience both.