Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday's Meditation--Life is Strenuous

Life is strenuous; don't let your clock run down.

Life is hard – your boss will not always be the nicest person in the world. Your job will have challenges that you did not foresee. Your workmates will sometimes be a pain. You won’t always get the salary and recognition that you want and deserve at work. Your clients may not be the nicest people in the world.
Life is hard – your kids won’t always be the ideal kids you want them to be. Your wife or husband may not be as perfect as you thought they were when you married them – in fact I can guarantee you they are not. Your home may not be the ideal place you would want it to be. You may not the perfect wife or husband that you once thought you were.
Life is hard – running a business is not as easy as you thought it would be. No one is lining up to bring money to your business, even though you are a really nice person and your business has great products to offer.http://www.motivation-for-dreamers.com/life-is-hard.html
Is there help?  Is there a solution?  Fortunately yes--

Matt 11:28-30  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  (NIV)

4 comments:

  1. Life IS hard...and harder sometimes than others. My father was fond of saying...It's a great life if you don't weaken. Isn't THAT the truth? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee sent me over here since we're both Southwesterners. I'm in Mesa. I may have to keep you. I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti - thank you - I can relate to everything said. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - life is hard. I needed this reminder today that God will let me rest on him... sandie

    ReplyDelete