1. My daughter2 is graduating from university this month and plans to teach elementary school. What are three qualities you most want to see evidenced in a teacher?
Knowledge, the ability to inspire students to learn, able to maintain discipline fairly.
2. You can tell a lot about a person by__how they carry themselves.
3. What song makes you think spring?
4. May 1st is Mother Goose Day...share your favorite nursery rhyme.
Twinkle Little Star. May 1st is my oldest daughter's birthday. This was one of her favorites.
5. What makes someone unforgettable?Personality, either very good or very bad, either way they stick in your mind.
6. Should music and/or art be part of a well rounded education?Definitely! "
Similar to English, math, science and the other core subjects, the arts (dance, music, theater, and visual arts) are challenging subjects with rigorous content and achievement standards at the state and national levels. They require highly qualified teachers who challenge all students, not just those who are considered artistically talented, to perform works of art, create their own works, and respond to works of art and the ideas they impart.
In addition to studying the arts for their own sake, experiencing and making works of art benefits students in their intellectual, personal, and social development, and can be particularly beneficial for students from economically disadvantaged circumstances and those who are at risk of not succeeding in school. Research studies point to strong relationships between learning in the arts and fundamental cognitive skills and capacities used to master other core subjects, including reading, writing, and mathematics." http://www2.ed.gov/teachers/how/tools/initiative/updates/040826.html
7. What social situations make you flustered or nervous?Being late can get me off on the wrong foot. Even though I am a basicly reserved person, I do well in social situations, as long as they don't get confrontational.
8. Insert your own random thought here.I have to buy a birthday gift for a going to be 11 year old, she is a good reader and likes books. Any suggestions? I'm not up on what kids like nowadays.