Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Favorite Things

friday favorite things | finding joy
These are a few of my favorite things this week

Welcome at my front door

Little grand showing how to cheer

Go team

My favorite lil' football player
I thought my Jacaranda was beautiful last week, but look at it now!
What I have been doing this week--made dresses for the little g-grand

And dresses and a capri outfit for the biggest g-grand

And tees and shirts for the g-grand son

And for good measure a dress for their cousin--daughter's step daughter.
Notice all three girls have a Mickey Mouse dress.


Photobucket
Each week, Hilary at Feeling Beachie lists four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her at feelingbeachie@gmail.com. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! 
1.       I can’t stand when people say _"know what I mean"
2.       If you are going to _come visit_ please_call first so I can put the dogs out. When the door bell rings they go crazy.
3.       Call me a _nerd_ because _I love the computer, and love to make forms and flow sheets.
4.       If I had a dollar for every time I heard _in a minute, I swear I’d be a millionaire by now.








10 comments:

  1. Love all the things you have made. You have been busy. Your very talented!!!

    I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those clothes are amazing!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sewing you are doing, I bet your grandkids are so happy that you sew. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet those will make some grandkids pretty happy!
    Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marti,
    I think you might have a virus. On my sidebar, it shows as your current post to be: "Cathy Kennedy's Blog: WARNING: Use Google Chrome Or Else No BLOGGER!" If you've used a Shabby Blogs background, that may be it. I had one on mine and it got infected yesterday with malware, so I had to find a different background on another site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marti, I had the same link from you in my friend connect blog list!

    I love that photo of the lil'football player! So sweet. Fabulous Mickey Mouse dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, you've been busy! Those are lovely!! Do you know the pattern name for the first one with the high gathered waist? Is it a knit pullover dress, or does it button? I used to make dresses like that out of cotton interlock knit and now I can't find that stuff anywhere! As someone told me, 'We used to have mills, and therefore we had mill ends. Now we have no mills...no mill ends.' SO sad that everything's made in China now. Back in the early 80s there was lots of cute kid prints in cotton interlock knit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress with the apples is from my quilting stash, so it's cotton. I made up the pattern, using New Look E6089 for the basic style. About the only place that I can find cute cotton interlock prints is at an outlet called SAS, I call it the rag store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. call me a nerd too... when I was writting the book, I kept a spreadsheet showing the dates I wrote and the number of words written...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and I have the same answer for #1. It really bugs me too! The outfits you made are beautiful! I'm sure the kids will enjoy them.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete