Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose--Dress for Comfort


Photobucket
This Week's prompt is: What are you most comfortable in?
I am not a high fashion gal.  I don't own a pair of heels more than 2-1/2" high, and I don't wear skirts above the knee.  My cleavage is a secret--I think it is somewhere around my waist, now.
Don't get me wrong, I do like to look nice, but wearing comfortable apparel is my first priority, looking good comes in second, and wearing the current fad is a distant third.

Now that it is summer, I wear shorts or capris and short sleeved tees almost all the time.  For church, I love those long gauzy skirts.  They are so cool (as in keeping me comfortable).  I have them it all kinds of floral prints, both bright and subdued.  Match that with a solid tee, with maybe a bit of sparkle and I am "dressed up"
Shoes--I have a couple that I most often wear.  The sandals are comfortable, and these new Nike tennis shoes, I am breaking in for vacation.  I have another pair in solid white that I usually wear

10 comments:

  1. I love those skirts... and your nikes look great! I live in mine!
    Thanks for Pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do very high heels either. Yay for vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find some long gauzy skirts for church. I normally just wear capris when "dressing up", but they keep the air conditioner set so low at church that I'm too uncomfortable wearing capris ... I need to wear my winter dressier clothes - long pants, sweaters, etc. :-(

    I don't do heels either ... in fact, I don't own a pair of heels. I live in flip flops as much as possible, but I have a pair of tennis shoes, a pair of black Sketchers (for semi-dressy), and a pair of loafers (for dressy slacks).

    Where are you going on your vacation? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear clothes in the same order as you. I'm at the age where comfort is definitely uppermost in my mind and whatever the current fad is comes in dead last. I wear mostly capris in the summer and tees or a loose fitting shirt over a tank top. As for shoes, I haven't worn heels since I broke my ankle really bad in the joint over 20 years ago and it won't bend the way it used to. So, I go for comfort in the shoe dept., too. I usually wear clogs, and if I'm working outside or doing a lot of walking, then it's a pair of comfy tennis shoes.
    Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to wear comfortable clothes and really enjoy wearing something a bit nicer for when we go to church. I'm not big on the "come as you are" dress code that's taking over churches! I usually wear capris in the summer as my legs are sooooo white, I'm not too happy with shorts! Great post! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love comfort-especially in the summer. I wear skirts most of the time though..and the capris I have are mostly ONLY good for gardening because of the state they are in. I do keep one pair for "dress up"..lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't own high heels - really. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, can I relate! Doesn't seem that long ago, all my shoes were sky-high wedges. Wore a pair today, and was teetering like a 13-year-old in her first pair of 1"-ers. :( No thank-you-very-much.
    Clothes? I'd LIVE in my pj's if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to rock a sexy heel on occasion, but those blue shoes are awesome! love them.
    shorts and capri's are my summer staple too. I am not even sure I own a dress or skirt anymore? hhhmmm....I may have to go closet diving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I really like the blue Nike shoes. I must have a pair.

    ReplyDelete