Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sunshine Award


I am honoured to be awarded the Sunshine Award,
by my fellow blogger McGuffy Ann.  Thank you so much.  I appreciate this honor, and I do hope that I bring a ray of sunshine into your lives.  I do so enjoy working on my blog.

The rules of accepting this award involve the following questions, & my answers:
1. Favourite color..
2. Favourite animal...
3. Favourite number...
4. Favourite non-alcoholic drink...
5. Facebook or Twitter...Facebook.
6. My passion..
7. Giving presents or getting presents...
8. Favourite pattern..
9. Favourite day of the week...
10. Favourite flower...



 1. My favorite color is apricot.  It is warmer than yellow, and softer than peach or orange.

 2.  Favorite animal has to be my old dog Betsy.  She is such a loving companion--always nearby.






 3.  Favorite number --
Number 9 symbolism
Nine is a symbol of wisdom and good leadership. Nine is the number of heaven.
For the Hebrews nine is a symbol of truth.
When multiplied 9 always reproduces itself.


 2 x 9 = 18  1+8 = 9 3 x 9 = 27  2+7 = 9 4 x 9 =36  3+6 = 9 5 x 9 = 45  4+5 = 9
 6 x 9 = 54  5+4 = 9 7 x 9 = 63  6 +3 = 98 x 9 =72  7 +2 = 9  and so on forever
4.  Favorite non-alcoholic beverage  has to be a non-fat latte--hot in winter, iced in summer.

5.  Facebook or Twitter... I am on Facebook, I use it for general posts, or when I am traveling to give updates on what I'm doing.  But my favorite on-line messaging is blogging.  It is so much more personal.

6.  My passion  is two fold.  First of all, trying to live the way that God expects me to, and then my creative expression.  As of this moment is sewing clothes for my grands, but it could be painting, making memory books, building something, or making ATC's or cards.

7. Giving presents or getting presents...Of course I am delighted to receive a present and so appreciate the thought and love behind it, but I love to give.  I try and make each gift represent my feelings for that person.

 8. Favorite pattern..  I love the crazy quilt pattern.  It is random, yet connected.  It blends seemingly unrelated designs and textures into a work of beauty.  It is much like life--all the individual unrelated parts making a wonderful whole. 

 9. Favorite day of the week is Sunday.  Beside a time that I worship with others, it is the day that I have set aside to do what I enjoy--no chores, just fun.

10. Favorite flower is the pansy.  I love the funny little monkey faces lifted up to the sun.  American pioneers thought that “a handful of pansies taken into the farmhouse in the spring ensured prosperity, and to neglect this ceremony brought harm to baby chicks and ducklings.



Pioneer children also made pansy dolls by lining up the pansy flower “faces”, pasting on leaf skirts and twig arms to complete the figures.





Now...I pass this award to the
following people...

No comments:

Post a Comment