Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday's Meditation--Compare

Do you "compare and despair"?

1 Corinthians 12:  What I want to talk about now is the various ways God's Spirit gets worked into our lives. This is complex and often mis-understood, but I want you to be informed and knowledgeable....Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits.....You can easily enough see how this kind of thing works by looking no further than your own body.....I want you to think about how all this makes you more significant, not less. A body isn't just a single part blown up into something huge. It's all the different-but-similar parts arranged and functioning together. If Foot said, "I'm not elegant like Hand, embellished with rings; I guess I don't belong to this body," would that make it so? If Ear said, "I'm not beautiful like Eye, limpid and expressive; I don't deserve a place on the head," would you want to remove it from the body? If the body was all eye, how could it hear? If all ear, how could it smell? As it is, we see that God has carefully placed each part of the body right where he wanted it.  (The Message)

1 comment:

  1. Amen! God made us the way we are and He can use us just as we are. Enjoy the last day of the holiday weekend.

    And thanks for getting me started with my favorite summer song.

    ReplyDelete