Monday, May 14, 2012

Meet Me on Monday









1.  For Mother's Day I _went to church, and then had supper with my son and his family.

2.  What is your favorite dish that your Mom makes?
My Mom was a wonderful cook.  Everything she made was top notch.  But my favorite would have to be how she prepared fresh oysters--crunchy breading, golden brown, and cook just perfect.

3.  Who are you a "Mom" too? 
I have three birth children, one chosen child,  six grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, three step-grandchildren, and several of my grandson's friends who call me "mom"

4.  What did you have for Mother's Day dinner?
Lasagna, garlic bread, and a green salad fixed my my daughter in law.

5.  What is your fondest memory of your Mom? 
Our long talks, and her sharing her life experiences.

Acting Balanced


1. Finish this sentence - The best thing about this past weekend was...spending time with my son and his family.

2. When company drops by unexpectedly what do you serve?
I always have cookies in the cookie jar to offer, and coffee or ice tea.

3. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
I was in my 40's.  My grandson was little and had severe asthma, and my daughter's employer supplied her with one and me with one, so she could contact me if I had to pick him up and take him to ER

4. Where do you blog?
In my office, unless I am travelling, then from my laptop.

5. And now a question for you--How old were you when you became a mom (or dad)?
I was 22 when I had  my first daughter.




4 comments:

  1. Mum to many :) Must make your life rich and busy.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! Your Mother certification is up-to-date!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to remember how old I was...I am in so much trouble when Heather reads this comment. Thanks Marti!

    ReplyDelete