1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US state. Have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?
I was in Hawaii last year for 3 weeks. My daughter was married at sunset on a beach on Kauai. We spent 2 weeks on Kauai, enjoying every second of the lush tropical island, and then we spent a week on the "Big Island"--Hawaii. It was an island of contrasts, from desolate volcanic moonscapes, to lush jungle. On arrival, I would prefer an orchid as hibiscus grow in my back yard so they are not as special.
2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?
Food--pineapple upside down cake Beverage--a refreshing tropical punch
3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.
No. I think that that close relationship can develop with a spouse if both people are totally committed to making the marriage work. And that blending of the soul can happen more than once.
4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.
I grew up in a log home that my daddy built in the mountains of Wyoming. I have so many memories of that place, not only the building but the ranch. It was a place where we were taught the value of hard work, and experienced the freedom to develop our creativity. Here is a link to a favorite memory. http://artymarti.blogspot.com/2012/05/play-on-mountain.html
5. Are you comfortable with silence?
I love silence. I enjoy the solitude of a quiet morning, or the quietness of an evening. I am comfortable with myself and the ability to reflect.
6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)
I would get the Raid.
7. My idea of fun does NOT include _going to parties. See #5.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a wonderful rain last night. This morning everything was so fresh and clean.