Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose--Legacy


Photobucket
This is Brenda Youngerman's weekly hop where she posts a prompt and you get to write to it on your blog - come back and add it to her linky and then we all get to go read what you wrote!
This Week's prompt is: Legacy.  What is it that you want to be remembered for...

In order for me to decide what I want to be remembered for, I first must have some introspection--What kind of person am I, and what is important to me.  Of course the first thing that comes to mind is that I am a mother, and I have tried to be a good one, even though I know that I have failed at some things, all of my children have grown into wonderful adults.  I want to be remembered as a person who loved her children beyond words.

I am also a person who tries to help others.  I would like to be remembered as one who was willing to give of myself in order to assist others on their life's journey, sharing my experience and knowledge.

I also have the heart of an artist.  My art projects express my view of life and those things that I think are important.  I hope that when others view my work they will be able to enjoy what I enjoy, and are made more aware of the world according to me.

So, my legacy, I hope, will be to be remembered as a caring mother, an empathetic friend, and an artist who preserved bits of life in story, verse, and picture.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if we thought about our legacy more often, we would change the way we behave now? Good thing to ponder....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Marti! and I agree with Lynn Marie... I wonder if that would change more people?
    Thanks for pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you pondered some great legacies here. I would also like to be remembered as someone who gave some of myself to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice post. Art is a legacy unto itself is it not?

    ReplyDelete