Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose--Living Life


Photobucket
This Week's prompt is: Life or Living?Are you living your life . . . or is your life your living?

For me life is an adventure.  I do have goals that I try to achieve but never at the expense of opportunity.  All too often, I think that many people miss out on a chance to experience a unique moment because they are busy doing the expected.  Example--if you are in the middle of doing dishes and glance out the window and see the evening sky starting to color, do you dry your hand and go out and watch the symphony of colors play their parting melody--coral and turquoise changing into gold, then red, and finally a last note of purple , or do you tell yourself, "let me just finish the pots and pans, wipe down the cupboards, and put a load of laundry in then I'll take a peak at the sky", just five minutes have ticked by, but you discover that only a slight purple tinges the horizon.  My question:  was finishing the chores at the expense of making your soul sing worth it?

What is more important, stopping your hectic pace to take a few minutes and play Barbie's with your little girl, and help your son build a Lego truck or get the yard work done?  

Life passes so quickly.  I feel that when we have a chance to do something out of the ordinary we need to grab that moment, experience it, treasure it for those are the times that make the lasting impressions.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful message! Since I started taking photos, I tend to find myself running outdoors at the oddest times when I think the light is just right, golden and shining on the haybales or early in the morning for a sunrise. My work seems to be getting done in fits and starts. lol And personally, I'd always rather build a Lego truck than do yard work. It is true, life passes so quickly. We often learn that too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I've been known to be standing at the sink doing dishes and look outside, dry my hands and go outside to watch the sun go down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice post. To stop and smell the roses is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marti... I love this response to my pondering question this week... and I think that I used to be the person who would finish the dishes, wipe the counter, do the laundry, vacuum the house and THEN go outside... but not anymore...
    Life really is too short and those dishes can just wait!
    Thanks for pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. Yes, sometimes we need ourselves ermision to curl up under a blanket and take a nap, play with the grand kids or just watch the grass grow. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely said Marti, and I think it takes a lifetime to learn it.
    I liked what you said about doing the dishes or watching a sunset.
    These are all very nice things to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! The dishes will always need washing, but the time will come when your kids don't beg for your attention any more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with what you're saying Marti. Lovely blog post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your response and you are so right. The dishes will always need washing but some of those other moments are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog is very useful and informative for the subject of purpose of living.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read this blog and "Are you living your life . . .... or is your life your living?" this sentence summarized purpose of living.

    ReplyDelete