Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday About Me--Dancing to a Different Tune

Acting Balanced


1.  
When was the last time you tried something new?

I love to try new things.  Every time I go out to eat I always order something new on the menu.  I take new routes to go places, and watch for new things in the stores. Saturday I did two of these.  I took a different road to a friends house, and tried a new dish at the dinner.  I think that it expands your horizons and keeps you thinking young when you are open for new things.

2.  What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
I believe that it is my duty to turn the other cheek.  I don't mean let others run over me, but return hatefulness with kindness.  This isn't the easiest thing to do, but I have peace when I do it.

3.  What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I love country music, old time western music and blue grass gospel.  You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.

4.  What piece of advice would you give to a beginning blogger?
I would tell a beginning blogger to be themselves.  Write what is important to you, what interest you.

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!
5.  What makes you angry?
Me--I get angry when I see someone belittling another person.  From experience, I know how much that hurts and the damage of words is a wound that cuts deep.

11 comments:

  1. I don't get angry often but let someone say something about one of my kids and I immediately fly off the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being lied to makes me angry. It also makes me question everything the person told me in the past.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get angry at people who show no respect. What ever happened to please and thank you and where has all the patience gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with "retired not tired". I think the lack of respect that we have in today's society makes me the angriest, plus seeing the ever-growing amount of young, able-bodied adults who are "milking" the welfare system.

    I agree with you, too, the damage of words can cut deep. "The tongue is (indeed) a mighty edged sword."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to know that you try new foods often. I am always afraid that I will not like the new dish and so I have wasted my money on a good meal. I hate wasting money!;( Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm not usually an angry person but election time makes me angry and it's worse every 4 years. I read and research and know what I'm choosing before election day without the hateful rhetoric between people and the inundation of ads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. People who belittle other people is a big one for me. Not cool at all!! I also don't like when kids make fun or bully other kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get so upset when I see someone belittle someone else especially parents belittling children. It makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Traffic makes me angry. So does ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being lied to makes me angry.

    Good for you to try something different when eating out. We rarely eat out, so when we do, I hate the thought of "wasting" the experience by having a meal that I don't care for ... so I always order the tried and true. ;-)

    ReplyDelete