Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Favorite Things


friday favorite things | finding joy
These are a few of my favorite things this week
weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalms 30:5
Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.  Psalms 36:5
Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. Hosea 10:12 
He covers the heavens with clouds, provides rain for the earth, and makes the grass grow in mountain pastures. Psalms 147:8
Dinner at Texas Roadhouse with son and family  (Oldest grandson on left, granddaughter is in front on right)

Photobucket

Each week, Hilary at Feeling Beachie lists four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her at feelingbeachie@gmail.com. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! 

  1. I hate _boring teachers___ And since I have to pay for the classes, I feel that I am not getting my moneys worth.
  2. I have never been to ­­­­_the deep South___Hopefully on one of my next vacations I can rectify that.
     3. The hobby I love the most is__art  followed closely by sewing__ and one day I will                                    have my own art studio where I can teach art in many of its forms including sewing._.

         4.  My favorite store to shop at is_a thrift store_because_you never know what treasure you may find, and it will be a bargain; example--I found a dresser for $15.  It had many coats of paint that were chipped and ugly but it had good bones.  When I stripped it I found this treasure valued at $1000.


10 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Marti. I think if I lived in a larger area I might love thrift shops but around here they are "junk" shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refinishing that dresser really was digging for treasure! It's beautiful! I agree with you on boring teachers! My first networking teacher was that and he didn't speak enough English to communicate well, let alone engage the class. Fortunately the book was well-written and complete enough for the final! But, yeah, I kept thinking I should have just bought the book, taken the final and saved some money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father-in-law picked up a guitar at a local thrift store that was dirty and needed new strings. He paid $50 for it. My daughter (who plays guitar) found it lying around her grandparent's house, took it home, cleaned it up and put strings on it. When she looked it up, she found out it's a $400 guitar. It was quite a find! She plays it regularly at church now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, as always. :)
    Great piece of furniture, I need to shop more thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post- I love that piece you picked up in GW...WHAT a treasure- Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your pictures and scriptures were just beautiful Marti so perfect thank you for sharing those :)
    Now that dresser is a work of art and what a find you did such a wonderful joy. I hope you do get that studio done. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wanted to learn how to sew... but I tried and it made me cry.. I hated it (and I was aweful at it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it's a matter of being lucky at being in the right place at the right time to find a treasure at a thrift shop ... and I never seem to have that luck. That dresser is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same as you I too love thrift store. I like that piece you picked up in GW. The fish tank on right bar looks cool.

    - Herman Swan

    ReplyDelete