Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

1. Who taught you how to cook?--My mom

2. Have you been told you think too much? Are too much of a perfectionist? Are too sensitive? Were they right?  
Yes to all.  Everybody says I think too much, but what can I say, I like the inside of my head, and yes I am a perfectionist, and way to sensitive

3. As a child did you have a favorite blanket or toy? Tell about it.
I remember my first store bought doll.  It had a celluloid head, hands, and feet with a cloth body.  I loved to play with her, make clothes for her.  But she came to an untimely end.  My brother got mad at me and took her by her legs and hit her on the bed frame.  She flew into a thousand pieces.  I'm still mad at him1 (Just kidding)

4. What 'institution' do you have the most faith in?
This is hard.  I am fairly cynical.  My marriage of 22 years disintegrated (25 years ago)-so for me the institution of marriage was a disappointment .  Many churches have been less than expected, and the school system certainly doesn't inspire faith. Nevertheless,  I am happy.  I have put my faith in things above.

5. Chrysanthemums-pansies-burning bush-ornamental cabbage...your favorite in an autumn garden?
Pansies are my favorite.

6. What superpower do the kids in your neighborhood seem to posses?
Ultimate noise 

7. Are you a fan of the cranberry?
Love cranberries

8. Insert your own random thought here
Faith, food, flowers  High on my list of comforts and enjoyments in life.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun post - I'm with you on numbers 1 and 7!

    Just wanted to stop over and say thanks for joining in the "Giving Thanks Challenge" over at my place this month. I'm glad to have you along! I hope it causes you to open your eyes to even more good things around you, and I pray you are blessed because of it. (I edited your link to take readers to your main blog page. Hope that was okay.)

    - Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your list, thank you for sharing., and for joining GTC
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marti ~ Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment. It was fun reading your list here and learning a bit about you. The superpower ultimate noise in my neighborhood comes from barking dogs rather than kiddos!

    PS: I fed your fish for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to number 2- my daughter tells me I have developed Type A syndrome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a perfectionist too and used to be very sensitive.

    Now I am much better. lol At least I think so!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice list. I like all of your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am literally LOL about your answer to the 'hoods kids' super powers. What a hoot. And I love your answer to your favorite fall plant...the pansies. I lived in Tucson for over a decade, and know just how excited I was to see the pansy 6 packs come back for sale at Home Depots each Autumn season.


    Elusive Butterfly of Love is my post for today. Thanks for stopping by on Wednesday for my Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother used to rip the heads off of my Barbies and use them as machine guns :P

    ReplyDelete