Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Old and the New

One of my greatest enjoyments is music.  


I'm pretty eclectic in my listening habits.  I grew up singing hymns and ballads.  Listen to a snippet of the above clip, be sure to mute the blog playlist.  When I was in college, I was part of a traveling choir--singing all over the west.  I sang in church choirs for years, but I also love western music--those old cowboy tunes. My stereo also cranks out current western music.  On a rainy day, jazz seams to fill the bill.  I'm glad that God loves music also.  "Sing unto the Lord a new song"

4 comments:

  1. I'm fairly eclectic in my musical choices too .... 'cept for rap and a good bit of the hard rock. Love gospel, country, pop, instrumentals, jazz, even opera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old hymns too. One of the reasons why i like my church so much is because we do a lot of singing and we sing a lot of the old songs.
    I love to sing but don't have much talent but i sing out anyway! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the old Southern Gospel - I guess it's just what I was raised on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like that too. I grew up listening to my granpa play music on his guitar. He came from a family of talented musicians. But of course my Dad had his music so lots and lots of different tastes.
    I love that song by Alan Jackson.
    I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete