Friday, November 25, 2011

Brothers

I was the oldest of seven children, I have three brothers and three sisters.  My folks had the formula for a balanced family--birth order--me, two years later brother, two years later sister, then brother, then sister, then brother, then sister, then brother. Today I am thankful for my brothers!



 Oldest brother--cowboy, then insurance executive, then cowboy--loves to hunt and bake bread--perfect loaves of all kinds, oil painter in the tradition of Grandma Moses.




Middle brother--ex Navy, lumberjack, landscape business owner before he retired, grill master, air brush artist.





Baby brother--Arena riding horseman, business executive, excellent gourmet cook, watercolor artist.




Each is so individual but special.  Each has added so much to my life.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely tribute to your Dear Brothers. :-)

    I'm an only child, so I have no experience with growing up with siblings. Only got it, with raising our children and watching grandchildren. :-)

    Do I miss the experience? Well, it's hard to "miss" something, with which you have no first hand experience. But sometimes, now that I'm older, I do think about it... :-)

    And I am totally fascinated with the concept of twins!

    Gentle hugs,
    "Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do-or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so."
    ~Stanley Crawford

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you've all turned out artsy. You must have had great parents who fostered that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your brothers as long as you can - I know you do.
    I lost my only sibling a brother in 1997 - I miss him very day.
    love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed with wonderful brothers. Thank you, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siblings are a blessing. My one sibling passed from a car accident many years ago. We were not close but I think that was because of the dreaded polio I contracted in 1956. To this day this polio still haunts me but I keep putting one foot in front of the other & though the feet are small, they get me where I want to go. Enjoy those are still here on earth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete