|Last rose of summer|
1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using? It would have to be my computer. I love all the worlds that it opens up to me. My kids laugh at me. They will ask me a question, and I say "Let me google that". Second choice would be my camera. It helps me remember those special moments.
2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue? I am a patient person so view impatience as something to overcome. But that's just me.
3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type? Here in Phoenix, most of the time heat is optional. When I do turn it on, I have it set at 68 in the day 60 at night. On a chilly day, I will bake something in the oven, or put a pot of stew on. That usually does the trick, that and getting off my butt and doing chores.
4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents? Unfortunately no, they have all passed away. When they were living my grandma was a hard person for a kid to love. She had grown up in the"old country" where children were supposed to work or keep quiet.
5. When did you last have a family portrait taken? I live by myself, but I did have a portrait taken just about two years ago, before I retired.
6. What does the word patriotism mean to you? Being proud of your country, and willing to make sacrifices for it.
7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game? Well, I played "Go Fish" with my grandson today while I was taking care of him because he was sick and stayed home from school. Other than than I sometimes play solitaire on the computer.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Last night I went to a "Girlfriends Night" at our church. We learned and sampled mixes in a jar, and each came home with a little cookbook. Some of the recipes were so easy. So now, I am on the lookout for jars to use to make a few extra gifts.