Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Last rose of summer


1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using?  It would have to be my computer.  I love all the worlds that it opens up to me.  My kids laugh at me.  They will ask me a question, and I say "Let me google that".  Second choice would be my camera.  It helps me remember those special moments.

2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue?  I am a patient person so view impatience as something to overcome.  But that's just me.

3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type?  Here in Phoenix, most of the time heat is optional.  When I do turn it on, I have it set at 68 in the day 60 at night.  On a chilly day, I will bake something in the oven, or put a pot of stew on.  That usually does the trick, that and getting off my butt and doing chores.

4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents?  Unfortunately no, they have all passed away.  When they were living my grandma was a hard person for a kid to love.  She had grown up in the"old country" where children were supposed to work or keep quiet.

5. When did you last have a family portrait taken? I live by myself, but I did have a portrait taken just about two years ago, before I retired.

6. What does the word patriotism mean to you?  Being proud of your country, and willing to make sacrifices for it.

7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game?  Well, I played "Go Fish" with my grandson today while I was taking care of him because he was sick and stayed home from school.  Other than than I sometimes play solitaire on the computer.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Last night I went to a "Girlfriends Night" at our church.  We learned and sampled mixes in a jar, and each came home with a little cookbook.  Some of the recipes were so easy.  So now, I am on the lookout for jars to use to make a few extra gifts.





10 comments:

  1. My daughter absolutely loves the mixes in jars! We make them every year for her to give as gifts to coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers! I, too, like those mixes in a jar. I have given them as gifts also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up as a Pastor's Kid, we NEVER played cards. So funny because even now I have a hard time even letting my kids play cards. Would have loved to attend your girl's night out thing! Our church never does anything fun like that! Post some pictures of the jars you make!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed getting to know you better - we have our computers in common! lol sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... loved your "getting off my butt and doing chores"
    Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post. I love to play cards...gin rummy, 21, pinochle, hearts & solitaire. I also like playing dominoes and chicken foot. Thanks for sharing. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marti,
    I loved your answers--I wouldn't have thought of my computer! I was thinking like a hammer! lol xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed this post! I love my computer, too, but spend way too much time on it. We like to play cards and usually play a game called Pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know just what you mean about 'winters' in Phoenix. Yep, baking something in the oven will most certainly do the trick. Heck, my midmorning...it's warm enough to go outside in the desert sun to warm up.

    I used to play 'go fish' with my grandsons too. But, long, long ago.


    Thanks for stopping by this week. I appreciate your visit and taking time to leave me a comment. It's always a pleasure to have your company.

    ReplyDelete