Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mother's Bible



Almost every page of my mother's Bible has verses underlined in red, and many pages have a note in the margin.  She not only read the Bible she lived it.  It was her guidebook.  


When she passed away, she noted that she wanted me to have her Bible.  I Timothy 6:6-7 was bookmarked.  "But godliness with contentment is great gain.  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out."
Coming Home


This was her guide for living.  Now, she is living in riches beyond imagination.

8 comments:

  1. That's the only thing I asked for when my mother passed away. Her Bible was worn slap out! :) As they saying goes, "If your Bible is worn, your life is not". God bless godly women. What a treasure you and I both had in our mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's bible looks like it has been through a hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful post--and your mother looked like such a happy person--and such a JOY that you have her Bible--and it is a blessing, indeed.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that your mother was holding it in her hand in the picture...that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely post, Marti. Your sweet mother was a pretty lady and I see what looks like that Bible in her hand, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes my mom is holding her Bible. She was coming home from church. For her funeral, I used this picture with "Coming Home" caption.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT is so neat!!!! What a wonderful legacy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete