|Oregon fall color|
|Me horseback riding in the Yukon|
|Yup, that me|
|Old Faithful geyser|
|Goodbye Oregon, Hello Cali|
Then last year I traveled to Hawaii for my daughter's wedding. We spent 2 weeks on Kauai, and 10 days on the Big Island. I saw so many special things.
|Sunset in Kauai|
Now Wednesday Hodgepodge1. Let's start with something controversial...dressing or stuffing? What's it called at your house and what's included in your recipe...cornbread? oysters? sausage? chestnuts?
If its from the turkey it's stuffing, if cooked outside the bird, it's dressing. I like to make mine with cornbread, sage sausage, and oysters, But usually have to leave out the oysters--the kids say they are yucky.
2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
I'd like to compare myself to my mother. She was such a good role model, but I'm not even close. In actuality, it would be more like Pig Pen. I am so bad at putting stuff away. That's what happens when you live by yourself (my excuse)
3. When were you last inside an airport?
This summer when I returned from Hawaii for my daughter's wedding.
4. What is one side dish that absolutely must be included in a turkey dinner?
Mashed potatoes and gravy, yum!
5. What Christmas song do you dread hearing?
"Hear comes Santa Claus" It is so far from the true meaning of Christmas!
6. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?
I don't give money to individuals, but I sometimes have gift cards to a grocery store (excludes cigarettes and beer), or gift cards to McDonald's that I will give to the less fortunate. I do donate money to the Salvation Army bell ringers, and adopt a boy and girl from the Christmas Angel trees. I also fill shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse.
7. Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory. If you live in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving share a favorite memory associated with food.
All my Thanksgivings with family are memorable. Growing up we didn't have the traditional meal, we just couldn't afford it, instead we might have a nice elk steak with trimmings from our garden, but we had much to be thankful for.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just mailed a birthday gift to my friend in Colorado. I couldn't believe how much the postage was! The box was a foot cube, and it wasn't that heavy. Glad all my other mailables are small.