Sunday, November 6, 2011

Open the Doors, see all the People

I am thankful for my church. The Mission of North Phoenix Baptist Church is to
challenge people to discover and live a Christ-centered life.

My church, although considered a mega-church, has small fellowship groups and classes, to encourage friendship and fellowship. It has a mission of service to the community and encourages everyone to put their faith into action. 

That's me in the red sweater, behind the sound booth.


"Loving God and Loving People are core characteristics of a Christ-centered life and reflect the essence of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. Living God's love in the heart of our city and around the world is our vision and preferred future. We believe the best is yet to come!"  Having this premise makes this a wonderful place to worship. 

10 comments:

  1. I have never seen modern church from inside. Great image. I am glad that you are so sure and content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for our church too! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your visit to my blog. It's always fun to meet other bloggers. I hope you'll come again....you are always welcome.

    I've enjoyed my visit here. We attended a mega church when we lived in Atlanta and I loved the message and the music. Here, in Florida we attend a very small church and we love the size and how we feel more connected to our church family.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marti!

    It's lovely to meet you, and I am always glad to meet another sister! :-)

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good church, exemplifying the fact that REAL faith works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful church! Glad you found a church that you enjoy! Hope you had a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your headline reminded me of when my son was little ,we used to do the church and steeple thing with his hands, one time he had his fingers in the wriong place. when he opened his hands I asked him wheres the people.... He Said " On the roof" LOL out of the mouths of babes!
    Thanks for posting my giveaway I've added you in for the surprise giveaway as well
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Your email is not set up in blogger so can't respond when you comment. Thanks for stopping by tonight and commenting on the magnolia leaves. You know, I actually used mostly the fallen leaves and just picked the best colors. If I were going to do something other than a seasonal project, I would likely cover in a matte gel medium to help preserve. Magnolia leaves are very thick

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessing to be part of a Christ centered church and enjoy the fellowship! I see you in your red sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post thanks for sharing...God bless you

    ReplyDelete