Thursday, November 24, 2011

On This day of Thanks


Last week I watched my little grandkids while their folks were at work.  We decided to make a tablecloth for their mom for Thanksgiving.  So after a quick trip to JoAnn's for some wide muslin, the 5 year old got busy.  Brother wasn't feeling well, so he opted out of the project.  The imagination and excitement that went into the tablecloth!!  After is was finished, she asked if she could write her name on it.  I suggested she also put the year.  Notice the backwards "2's"  I was going to correct her, but thought better of it.  This is her art work.  PS  I did draw the legs.


So on this day of thanks, I am thankful for so many things, but at the top of the list is the creativity and joy of a child.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely and it turned out so nice. Have a wonderful day today and I wish you many, many blessings today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea. You are a stellar memory maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love this so much!! I think I will be borrowing this idea next year for my daughter. What a wonderful way to capture those beautiful small hand prints!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a special tablecloth and keepsake. Fun time making it too!

    ReplyDelete