1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
Gentle as a lamb was the picture of Phoenix weather the beginning of March--temperatures in the 70's and low eighties, orange tree blossoms perfuming the air, and flowers starting to push their way up.
2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free), orAlex (Madagascar)? You may notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.I love the Cowardly Lion. Although he was scared of everything, he had the power within him to overcome. I also love Bert Lahr's portrayal of the lion. During his acting career, he played in burlesque, vaudeville, and Broadway. He dropped out of high school at the age of fifteen for a juvenile vaudeville act playing comedy.
3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?Sunrise is beautiful from my back yard, sunset from my front porch.
4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?I selected two quotes to illustrate the meaning of there two thoughts.
The more one knows, the more one will be able to control events.This sentence is found in the works of Francis Bacon.
5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?
"Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear." "Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained." - Mahatma Gandhi
The most important concept to me would be truth power. I love to learn, but following the truth makes you live with integrity, and a person who has integrity is an awesome force.
|Sun shining through the smoke clouds.|
This afternoon a few miles southwest of us, a brush fired started, fueled by strong winds and dry brush, it is raging.
6. Bottled water...your thoughts?
A money maker for the bottling companies. Studies have shown that city water is safe, granted it tastes weird at times, but with a water filter attached to the faucet, my water is as clear and pure as any of the bottled waters. Note: I am not a gourmet water aficionado
7. What's your strongest sense?Probably sight. When I look at things, I see beyond the surface.
8. Insert your own random thought here.My grandson brought home two puppies. They are about 4 weeks old. They are so cute. The owner decided that she didn't want them and so was putting them out in a box at the curb. She uses the bitch for breeding, selling the pups from her backyard. If they aren't sold in a couple of weeks, she gets rid of them. I think that this is so irresponsible and makes me angry. So now I have my dog, Sheridan has his yellow lab (2 years old), and now he has two little sweeties-possible pit bulls. As long as he takes care of them, I'm good with it.
WooHoo! I hit that magic number of 100 followers. Rules: Be a follower, and enter a comment. All comments through Thursday March 15th will be enter in a random drawing. Some cool things could be coming your way. Thank you all