Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Where I would Rather Be

Today in Phoenix it was 76o, and right now at 8:30 p.m. it is 65o I had my doors open, with just the screen door closed to keep out the bugs and keep in the dogs.

The high today in Yellowstone Park, near where I grew up, was 30o, and right now it is 22o.

This was a typical scene from my youth.  We loved the snow.  Back then I thought it was fun to make snow angels and my brothers made snow forts.

But somewhere along the line, I became less enamored.  Maybe it was when living in northern Michigan, I had to hang diapers outside and they froze before I could get the clothespins on them.  Or maybe it was when it was having to dig out of drifted snow after a blizzard in Minnesota.  But for whatever reason I wouldn't trade living in Phoenix in the winter.  A visit to snow country is all that I need to remind me of those cold days of long ago.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, Marti, I think Phoenix is the place to be during the winter. All the best, from the Northwoods of Wisconsin. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in New Mexico years ago and I LOVED it. If my husband would move there again, I'd be packed by the weekend but he loves NH and our grand daughters are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is leaving next week to spend a year and a half in the Tempe area. She's a little nervous about the heat . . . :)

    ReplyDelete