Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Quiz About Me

                                                      Acting Balanced

1. Are you good about going to the doctor?
Yes, but with working with doctors for over 25 years, I had many lunchroom consults.

2. What do you think about the practice of restaurants adding automatic tips for large groups or specific events?
I can see adding a tip for large groups if paying on one check, however, if individual checks, then I think that I should have an option of how large a tip I want to leave. (BTW--I am a generous tipper)

3. When was the last time you went out for dinner?
I went out Saturday with friends and had a delicious cod dinner.

4. What is your best budget saving tip for recovering from an unexpected expense or planning for one?
Cut out the Starbucks.  Seriously, I always try to have emergency funds set aside.  I try and add to them on a regular basis, even if it is only a couple of dollars.

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around.

5.  Did you have a super bowl party? If not what did you do.
Me--I didn't even turn the TV on.  I worked on an art book that I am making, and then read for awhile.

13 comments:

  1. No super bowl party here. I watched reruns and worked on a baby sweater I am knitting. D H worked on his puzzle which is driving him crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand why they do the auto tipping but I still like the option of determing for myself what the tip should be. Sometimes service is so exceptional you want to add a little, and other times the bare minimum is too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched the game but not the 1/2 time show, that was just terrible. I think tipping should be optional. Sorry, but some of the worst service I ever got was when the server had a mandatory tipp coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No party for us, just watched the game together with the cats. If our team, the Patriots, had made it, we might have gone out, maybe. But we just enjoyed the game and the commercials at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't have nor did I attend a super bowl party but instead watched it at home on the couch with the dogs. My team wasn't in but it was still entertaining to watch until the power went out for 30 minutes at the field lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. No super bowl here, we watched a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I baked 4 dozen cupcakes and we went to my sister-in-law's house. She has three teenagers, who made a great dent on the cupcakes.

    Since that house was all 49ers, I cheered for the Ravens. Call me a trouble maker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Super Bowl party for me. No Super Bowl watching for me, either. I don't care for football.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No party this year, just didn't really care much for either team. I did root for Baltimore, since they are in our (Bengals)division. I watched most of it too, but honestly more to see commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my stepsister and her boyfriend came over and we had snacks and ate dinner. they left at halftime but i had fun watching the rest of the game by myself. it was a close one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched the first half online then went to bed. It was better watching it online so that I could surf while they messed around. Thanks for participating in the MQAM. Look forward to seeing you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No party - just me and the hubby watching the game. It was fine. I made some meatball sandwiches that were pretty tasty and we enjoyed the game!

    ReplyDelete