Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
Traditionally, I try and live a more centered life, focusing on the great love that God has for me.  I try and spend more time in praise and prayer.

2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
I love pancakes.  Breakfast for supper is one of my favorite meals, and I-HOP one of my favorite eateries.  What could be better than a fluffy pancake drizzled with hot maple syrup? 

3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
I love Anne Murray's "You Needed Me".  Click to watch on You Tube.



4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
Tell them, send a card or give a remembrance for no special occasion.


5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I love roses--especially peach ones.  I received a bouquet last year from my brother.  Not long ago, I also received a bunch of "flowers" that my granddaughter picked for me.


6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park(FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I would love to visit them all.  I love history.  Monticello especially interests me because Jefferson was such an unusual man.


7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
I am very good at keeping secrets.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am working on my A-Z April Challenge posts.  I decided that they would be about my character traits both good and bad.  It sometimes has been hard to be honest.  I would like to skim over the bad ones (yes, I do have a few--hard to believe, huh?), but I am starting to feel that this is a very good exercise in self-awareness.  I am seeing things about me that I am sure others have been too kind to tell me.  It is a growing experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment