Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

                                                 
1.  When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean. 
This last summer I had the Pacific Ocean mist in my face.  It was majestic.

2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Tires Screeching, babies screaming, men sobbing.

3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I never try stuff on.  I know what will fit and what I like.  I know what styles look best on me.

4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I like pistachios.  They are great in cooking and desserts, and of course, I have to taste test them.

5. When did you last have to compromise with someone?  Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary? 
My life is filled with compromises.  I am glad to come to a middle ground so that everyone is satisfied.

6.  Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I have written to my congressmen, and did receive a computer generated reply.

7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
I love decorating for spring, celebrating my littlest great-grands birthday--she will be four, and the desert becoming brilliant with flowers.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
This week was my oldest granddaughters birthday.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown.  It seems that is was just a couple of years ago that I would pick her up for the weekend, and we would sing choruses all the way home.  Now she has kids of her own, and they sing choruses in the care when they go to town.  I didn't start the tradition, when I was a kid we would sing all the way to town.  (Mom loved it, cause it kept us kids from fighting)

No comments:

Post a Comment