Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

                                                 


1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple?
I think that I like Gala apples the best.  They have a thin skin and a mild sweet flavor.


2. When did you last say 'ick'?
Can't remember the last time, I tend to say eewwww!

3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain.
I definitely look at things differently than my children and grandchildren.  I was brought up different--starting work at 13 and having my parents as examples of hard work and morality.  We learned to be independent, resourceful, and accepting authority.  There was no TV to entertain, nor Internet to expose us to what children now days think of as common place.

4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often?
I have a scene of Monument Valley in northern Arizona as my screen saver.  I seldom change it.  I love the lonely expansive scene.

5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?
It's not all about you, get a grip, help someone you don't know, be quiet and listen.

6. Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?
Definitely lace.  I love also love brocade.  How about a brocade skirt with a lacy blouse.

7. What can make your bad day better?
I have to have a quiet time and pray.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went to the dermatologist today for a complete body scan to check for any new suspious skin cancers, they only did one biopsy, and the Dr. said he thought that it was probably benign.  I'll know in a couple of weeks.  I am happy about this.

9 comments:

  1. I love your "musings", Marti! And I love the time you were brought up in ... trying to regain some of those values in my own kids - especially about the respecting authority - I find so many kids have none :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning.
    Apples - I love winesap apples. I'm hoping that they didn't freeze in Sedona and I'll be able to go up & get some.
    ick - I don't think I use it.
    generation gap - most definitely. I was raised in the 50-60's & was so much different than today or anytime previously.
    Screen save - usually has a recent photo I've taken.
    5. I'm mostly a listener.
    6. I'm a jeans & t-shirt lady!
    7. Definitely prayer.
    8. Would love for this neck & shoulder pain to completely go away thou I am grateful that I have a wonderful chiropractor who helps me along with this.

    Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.




    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm due to go next month...my hubs is fair and a red head so pretty much always has something 'zapped'. I'm always glad when the dermatologist visit is checked off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that the biopsy comes back benign ... be sure to let us know the results.

    I think I'm an "ewwww" kind of gal, too ... although I do say "icky" when with my youngest granddaughter (2 y.o.).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with the doctor. Sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your doctor has good news. My mother and father have both had skin cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fair skin + sun isn't a good mix. And, back in our youth, getting a tan was somehow important. Not to me--I lived in Illinois, spent enough time in the heat. Good luck, keep the group informed.

    I like Gala, and my screensaver is a photo of my new grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the doctor was right and all is good! Glad you stay on top of that. Good advise for #5!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like and agree with your statement to the world. I think I am "icky" more then "ick" but I use both.

    ReplyDelete