1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple?
I think that I like Gala apples the best. They have a thin skin and a mild sweet flavor.
2. When did you last say 'ick'?
Can't remember the last time, I tend to say eewwww!
3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain.
I definitely look at things differently than my children and grandchildren. I was brought up different--starting work at 13 and having my parents as examples of hard work and morality. We learned to be independent, resourceful, and accepting authority. There was no TV to entertain, nor Internet to expose us to what children now days think of as common place.
4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often?
I have a scene of Monument Valley in northern Arizona as my screen saver. I seldom change it. I love the lonely expansive scene.
5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say?
It's not all about you, get a grip, help someone you don't know, be quiet and listen.
6. Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear?
Definitely lace. I love also love brocade. How about a brocade skirt with a lacy blouse.
7. What can make your bad day better?
I have to have a quiet time and pray.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went to the dermatologist today for a complete body scan to check for any new suspious skin cancers, they only did one biopsy, and the Dr. said he thought that it was probably benign. I'll know in a couple of weeks. I am happy about this.