1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?Worst thing about growing older--not as much energy as when younger
Best thing--lessons learned along the way including not to take yourself so seriously.
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
The cooler days. I am so tired of the heat come the end of September. I also love to be able to drive up north and see the leaves changing colors.
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
I love pumpkin. About now I bring out the pumpkin spice candles, and pumpkin spice lattes are one of my season favs, also love pumpkin pie.
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
As far as bodily damage, several years ago I and my then 11 year old grandson spent a week at a mountain resort--thanks to my boss. We were participating in extreme snowboarding and sledding, and I lost my boogie board and after a 15 foot air flight landed in the snow, broke my right wrist, chipped my hip and had to have a hip replacement several months later. By grandson thought it was great fun, cause he got to help drive the truck to the hospital--manual shift which I couldn't handle. But we were having fun so I don't regret it.
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
The mansion in Gone with the Wind maybe.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
cash mob--noun a group of people who descend on a retail business and spend money as a gesture of support for that business. Cash mob rules are simple: Spend at least $20, meet three new people and have fun. We recently had an invitation to participate in a cash mob at some of our local small businesses. The merchants had specials, some had treats, and we had fun while supporting our own retailers.
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
I am always locking myself out of something, so now I am prepared and it's no big deal. I have an extra set of car keys in one of those magnetic cases that attach to the car frame. I have an extra set of house keys in the workshop, and with my kids.
I am going to do some fall decorating this weekend. I have some cute things to put out that will remind me of the changing of the seasons. In Phoenix there are really only two seasons, hot and warm. Now is the perfect time to renew the plantings in my outdoor containers, and maybe set out a few annuals--but not in the backyard. Puppy still is in the digging and chewing stage.