Monday, September 17, 2012

Meet me on Monday

Acting Balanced
1. Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one and why, if yes?
The obvious choice is the Bible, other than that years ago I read "Nothing but a Cry" written by a child psychologist,  the story of an abuse girl brought to an orphanage  in NYC and the doctor's work to break through to her.  It motivated me to try and do my part for neglected and abused children.

2. What was your favorite game to play as a child?
Dress up with my dolls.

3. What person in history would you most like to meet?
Madame Curie--one of the worlds leading scientists.   The importance of Mme. Curie's work is reflected in the numerous awards bestowed on her. She received many honorary science, medicine and law degrees and honorary memberships of learned societies throughout the world. Together with her husband, she was awarded half of the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1903, for their study into the spontaneous radiation discovered by Becquerel, who was awarded the other half of the Prize. In 1911 she received a second Nobel Prize, this time in Chemistry, in recognition of her work in radioactivity. She also received, jointly with her husband, the Davy Medal of the Royal Society in 1903 and, in 1921, President Harding of the United States, on behalf of the women of America, presented her with one gram of radium in recognition of her service to science. 

4. Tell us two truths and a lie about yourself...
I love to read.  I love to go to the movies.  I love Chinese food.  One is a lie, but I won't say which one.

And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!
5.  What was your first pet?
Mine was a dog named Chum that I had when I was a toddler.  My grandson's first pet was a tarantula.

7 comments:

  1. My first pet was a Toy Manchester Terrier - my dad brought her home in his shirt pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first pet was Chinker; a black and white part manx cat, so she had no tail I could pull, but even so she stayed by my playpen, just out of my reach. Chinker was actually my parents' cat, but she was the first pet I interacted with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read, go to the movies, AND I love Chinese food!!

    My first pet was an American Eskimo named Buffy. Man, I LOVED that dog!

    Here’s My MQAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only pets I ever had were goldfish. I did love Rover my granmother's dog at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first pet was a dog named, Prince. I loved him to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughters answer was also Marie Curie. Thanks for participating in the MQAM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my 1st pet was a kitten, great answers :] have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete