Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
I will occasionally buy a postcard if photo ops are lacking.  The only postcards that I receive are ads in the mail.

2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Immersing myself in the local life--eating off the beaten path, walking through neighborhoods, chatting with the locals.

3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
I pretty much wear my feelings on my sleeve.  Everyone knows how I feel, its a good thing that I am mostly very happy.

4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
We receive some specified telephone books, which I promptly through in the garbage--you can't even recycle them.  I use the internet for numbers.

5. Would you rather be first or last?
I would rather be first in line at the doctor's office, outside of that last is fine for me.

6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
There are several parks close to my house.  I like to walk them.  I will watch a pick up baseball game, but I am not a participant.

7. What was one of your worst ideas?
I baked a cake with whole wheat flour cause I was out of regular flour.  The dogs wouldn't even eat it.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is monsoon season here, one of the benefits is the beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  This was the sunrise this morning.  Note the rainbow in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment