Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list?
Buy a new pair of white strappy sandals 

2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.
My father was an immigrant from Canada, my Mother's folks were poor immigrants from Latvia.  They all went through the legal process to become American citizens.  I have lived abroad and every country has its laws regarding citizenship, why should we expect America to be any different.  How can we turn a blind eye to lawbreakers and expect our country to remain strong.

3. What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?
I have several red shirts with blue and white sparkles, and one with burst of fireworks.

4. Is your house set up for a party?
I have a huge living room with lots of seating and lots of games, a freezer filled with the makings of party food, and my ice maker runs 24/7.  So if they come, I can have a party with just enough warning to run the dust cloth.

5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?
New Orleans.  I love all the mystery and romance associated with it.

6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food?
Red--strawberries, White--Vanilla ice cream, Blue--Blueberries.  Sounds like the makings of dessert to me.

7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?
The freedom of religion. I can worship God and read my Bible without the fear of jail or persecution like many people in the world live with daily.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I usually vacation in summer and have seen fireworks in many different places--each display was unique but all touched that place in my heart that made me so thankful for the sacrifice of those freedom fighters, and make me glad that I am an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment