Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
Sewing or mixed media art

2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
Computer repair--good thing I have a daughter who is a computer tech.

3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
When I was a child, my Mom and us kids would go to visit my grandma near Salt Lake City Utah.  My dad never went.  Because he was a rancher he couldn't get away.  When my kids were growing up we took several vacations in our motor home to visit family in the midwest.  Now that the kids are all gone, I vacation where ever and when ever I want.

4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
Lakes are more accessible here in Phoenix, but they aren't all that cool.  I would truly love to go to the mid Oregon coast--absolutely love it there.

5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
I don't think there is ever any justification for being cruel.  I try to be firm but reasonable.

6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
Of that list only lima beans would rate on my unfav list.

7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
I just finished reading Seaside--a story about a mother engineering a vacation with her two grown daughters at a beach house in Florida.  
As Maggie, a professional photographer, sets out to capture on film the faces and moods of her daughters, more than film develops. A picture emerges of possibilities that come only by slowing down and savoring the simple treasures of the moment. It takes a mother's love and honesty to teach her two daughters a wiser, uncluttered way of life.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am starting to experience the dog days of summer.  I am in need of a jump start.  Between the heat, arthritis flare, and tiredness, I am wishing for September.

No comments:

Post a Comment