Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A-Z Challenge--Understanding


All About Me
Understanding
One of the benefits of having lived a life in which I have had both joys and sorrows, experienced life and death is that I understand how others feel and why they may act the way that they do.

I like this quote from Harry Truman--It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences.

3 comments:

  1. Great quote! It takes quite a bot of insight and dedicate to truly understand a person. Fun post! Happy A-to-Z 2013! ~Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points! I always try and do that. I instilled that in my kids too, hopefully.:) I don't ask them to agree, just try and understand.

    History Sleuth's Writings

    ReplyDelete