Friday, April 12, 2013

A-Z Challenge--Kind


All About Me

Kind
Kindness is the nature of my soul.  I hate conflict, and am most happy when I can make someone else happy.  

I enjoyed an article by Marcia Sirota that spoke of the difference between kindness and being nice--"kindness emerges from someone who's confident, compassionate and comfortable with themselves. A kind person is loving and giving out of the goodness of their heart.


At the root of extreme niceness, however, are feelings of inadequacy and the need to get approval and validation from others. Overly-nice people try to please so that they can feel good about themselves.
Genuinely kind people are giving because it's in their nature to care, and since they have no ulterior motives, they aren't concerned with whether or not other people like them."
I want to strive for kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment