Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
I had my bp checked last month by my PCP.  Conflict is sure to raise my blood pressure, I hate listening to or be involved in squabbles.  Music, reading or prayer will calm me down.

2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
With a dollar I would buy a bag of ice--it was 107 at my house today.  10$ would get some treats for the grandkids, $100-I would pinch myself to wake me from my dream.

3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
I have to pay close attention to food costs, so anything that would increase prices I would oppose.  I really don't think that GE foods will affect me.

4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
I'd take a trip back home--I love revisiting my past, a time of innocence and freedom.

5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
When I returned home Saturday night.  I love the peace and quiet of my house.

6. Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
I can live without steak, I prefer seafood.  I hate fat on a steak, or one that I have to chew for half an hour.  If I do order a steak it is usually a rib-eye, and I eat it medium rare with no sauces.  I have had good steak at Durants in downtown Phoenix.

7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
I hardly am ever in a hurry, as I hate to be late, so I always tend to be early.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Saturday my youngest daughter graduated from college with honors (for the second time--first with a degree in legal studies, now with a degree in computer science)  all this while working full time and raising a family.  She is a special person.

No comments:

Post a Comment