Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


                                                 

1.  With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow?  What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion? 
Currently wrapped--zero, 0, zilch.  I like the suspense of unwrapping a gift.  I always try to save the paper and the bow.

2.  What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
On my to-do list-- get my cards mailed out soon.  On my Santa list--the same as every year;  for my kids to spend a day helping me get chores done around the house that I can't handle.

3.  What makes a home?
A place that is filled with love.

4.  Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound?  If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck. 
I so many of the Motown songs.  They are the sounds that I grew up with.  A couple of my favorites are:
You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
Reach Out I'll Be There - Four Tops

5.  Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Definitely red.  I do have some green but is is dark green

6.  True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon? 
I love bacon, fried very crispy, especially with pancakes and eggs.

7.  Share a favorite holiday memory.
We lived in Sault Ste Marie, Michigan the Christmas that my oldest daughter was three.  She was so excited with the tree.  She would say "I wuv da twee"  and then give it a kiss, and was so surprised when the needles tickled her lips.  She would giggle then keep doing it over and over.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
My little granddaughter is preparing for her first dance recital (She is 6).  She is in a hip hop class and what she lacks in rhythm she more than makes up in enthusiasm.  They are so cute when they perform at this age whether it is in a school play, church drama, or dance class.  I especially like it that she is carefree about it, not worrying about what others will think, like so many adults do.

7 comments:

  1. I wish we could all be as carefree as a 6 year old! Love to watch them at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the programs. Both my girls danced, my youngest also with great enthusiasm : ) I miss those days and look forward to hopefully some granddaughters one day in the not too distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the attitude of 6 year olds! Not a cre in the world and eveyone is kind and nice. I wish we could just stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love children's concerts and I love your Christmas memory story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when my oldest daughter danced...loved watching her have so much fun! Bacon and pancakes are the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE watching the little children at the dance recitals! So precious! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your daughter kissed the tree! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete