Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What's your worst food memory? How about one of your best?
I had a peanut butter sandwich that made me violently ill--food poisoning.  I wasn't able to eat peanut butter for years.  The best--I remember a seafood dinner with my Mom at a restaurant along the Oregon coast.  The scallops were huge and tender, the scenery amazing--one of the last meals I had out with my mom.

2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little? How about when you're the one communicating...which type are you?
I would rather hear it like it is but in a respectful way.  I try to do the same when I have a hard message to deliver.

3. What's your favorite place to hang out?
I love hanging out in my art studio.  Even if I don't work, I can think and dream there.

4. When do you most feel like you're a slave to time?
Since I hate to be late, when I have several appointments in a day and no time to stop if I see something truly amazing.

5. What was the last concert you attended? Who'd you go with? Was it any good?
I went to a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas concert with my sister and her husband.  It was exceptional.

6. Reality TV...harmful or harmless? What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
I hate reality TV--I see nothing real about it.  Most of them glorify bad behavior.  I don't watch them.

7. What's something you think is overrated?
Politics.  I am becoming so cynical that I tend to believe everything I hear is self serving.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Another week of 110 degree temperatures and I am feeling captive in my house.  I want so bad to get out and take a walk or drive through some of the desert beauty, but I have to be wise and be content with reading.  I did make Peanut Butter Brownies early one morning that were yummy but it took the kitchen all day to cool off.

No comments:

Post a Comment