Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Meditation--Generosity


I came across these two stories that showed generosity in action

Today, I ran into the same homeless man twice. The first time was when he asked me for some spare change and I handed him a five dollar bill. The second time was in the grocery store line 30 minutes later when I realized he was at the register two people in front of me buying milk and bread totaling $4.97.

Today, in my check-out line at the grocery store where I work, a flustered elderly woman realized she was six dollars short on cash for her groceries, and didn’t have a credit card on her. The three people in line immediately behind her each chipped in two dollars so she didn’t have to put anything back. Their spontaneous generosity made me think.
5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment