Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge





1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
I need to edit and organize my closet.  If everything was placed by color it sure would make it easier to find coordinating clothes.

2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me aBellini?  What's your peach pleasure?
Peaches are my second favorite fruit, right behind apricots.  I love peach cobbler.

3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
I agree.  I have to stretch my comfort zone in order to grow.  When I do something what scares me, if helps build my self confidence.

4. What's your favorite household chore?  Yes-you have to name one.
I like to wash dishes.

5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:

Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.

Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots?  If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose?  Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I have seen the sun set in Maui, Hopi Point, Ensign Park.  But here in Phoenix there is always a great sunset.
6. What's your favorite or most used app?  If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
I don't use too many apps.  On my cell phone, probably the tip calculator, on my tablet the Kindle app.

7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
So far this year has been stressful.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday we had a wonderful respite from the heat--it was only in the high 80's.  I enjoyed reading on the porch.  But now it is going to warm back up to around 105.

No comments:

Post a Comment