Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
Two things immediately came to mind--love and ice cream


2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
That would be difficult, socially high school was hard for me--I was a rancher's daughter going from a one room school with 8 students to a huge high school of 300. (56 in my graduating class).  I certainly wasn't one of the "in" crowd.  But my grades made me happy--a 4.0 GPA.(Of course, that didn't endear me to my classmates either)


3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?
I can't see how unions would help employees.  They ought to be glad they have a job, so many don't.


4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?
I make cookies that have honey and I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches.


5.  If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet? 
I usually with try and let the person know is a discreet way.


6. What movie always makes you cry?  Or at least makes you feel like crying?
Any sad or romantic or movie with sweet animals or....I am sort of emotional person.


7.   'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year.  Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
Marti has a pit bull dog

Pit bull dog
Pit bull dog
Marti has a pit bull dog
That sleeps with her each night

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
That pit bull dog--Bazil--loves to cuddle, and to think that I was upset when my grandson drug her home when she was only 6 weeks old.  She does have a strong personality but is not at all mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment