Wednesday, December 5, 2012
1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
When I was a kid we hung our stockings Christmas Eve, and then Santa came and we found an orange or apple and a small toy in our stockings on Christmas morning. I carried that same tradition on for my family, but the stockings seemed to be filled with a lot more stuff. Now my kids hang the stockings when they decorate the tree (a reminder for the kids to be good, I think) This picture is of my Prescott daughter's mantel.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
I usually sleep about 7 hours of sleep and seem to do well with that.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
If it were to be sacrificial it would be reading, otherwise if it would be just something that is good for me that would be holiday cookies.
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
Not so such.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is_laughter and wispers_.
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
I HATE fruitcake made with candied fruit. I do have a recipe that uses nuts, cranberries and cherries (not the candied ones) and it is pretty good. Favorite fruit dessert would be peach cobbler.
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Get my studio reorganized.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This weekend we are supposed to get our first winter weather--highs in the low 70's. Now if I just had a fireplace to help me enjoy it.