Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
I am often filled with self-doubt.  I question my ability when in actuality I know that I possess the strength and knowledge to do things.
 

2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
I have had the opportunity to scuba dive, but never have tried.  I am a bit apprehensive.  I hate to dive and don't like my face under water.  I love to watch dolphins.  They are such beautiful and happy creatures.

3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
I am about a 5 in comfort around water.  I know how to swim, moderately so.  I learned when I was a kid as we had 3 ponds right out our front door.  The above picture is of the upper pond.  It was the only one we were allowed to swim in.   But I don't like my face under water, so swimming wasn't my favorite recreation.

4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
I have a list, sometimes mental, on which I try to finish one project each week.  If I get more done, I am proud of myself.  My biggest downfall, I love to read, and it is so easy to read a story than work.

5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
In my neighborhood, which is on the edge of the hood, a good neighbor is one that doesn't cause trouble--in that sense I am a very good neighbor.  I do say hello to my next door neighbor, who speaks some English.  In the community, I take treats to the fire station, support clothing and food drives, support my local church.

6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
I am a pioneer, living in the past, from a different generation.  I don't have a dishwasher.  When it was just me, there was no need, now with my grandson and friend living with me, each boy does their own dishes, and I do mine.

7. You know it's summer when_you can't leave the doors open because it is too hot.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
My grandson got a JOB.  He has been out of work since March.  Because of his accident, he missed too much work, so he was let go.  He is an auto body tech, and had just about given up finding work in his field, so had begun applying at retail stores.  Yesterday, he heard of an opening at an auto shop, dropped by, and this morning they called him into work.  What an answer to prayer!






9 comments:

  1. We didn't have a dishwasher for along time when were were first married but now we have had one for many years. I love it. Since it is just Hubby and me most of the time, it takes times to get it full but we rinse them really well and that is fine with me until I set it to wash away. So glad your grandson has a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's great news about your grandson! I would rather read to than do work. Not enough time for all the books I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you - I am my own worse enemy by FAR! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for your grandson! So glad work in his field materialized. I hope he enjoys his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your grandson found a job! That's no small thing these days. Praying he likes it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thrilled to hear the news about your grandson, Marti...God is so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scuba diving? No. But I did put on a wet-suit once. And that was enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! to your gr-son. Not comfortable around water out of the bath tub, don't like face in water. Do NOT touch my dishwasher, I have a specific routine for entry. I am a good neighbor.

    TYSM for dropping by ... I enjoyed your share here.
    Have a great eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marti.....each time I stop by ..... I learn a little more about you. Such good news about your grandson....I know you were worried. BTW.....still here....probably not taking a little trip till sometime in July.....although that is not a definite either.

    hugs dear friend,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete